The Soup of Success Job & Life Skills Training Program is a not-for-profit, community, faith-based program comprised of six main facets:
- Group & Individual Support
- Education Modules
- Career Counseling
- Getting Ahead Curriculum
- Hands-on Business Skills (Social Enterprise Component)
- Mentoring/Graduate Follow Up
These facets all combine to form an intensive, holistic, five month program that assists local women who are dealing with difficult life situations as they make positive changes in their life and career.
These women all have the desire and motivation to improve their situations and strive toward self-sufficiency. They want to better their lives and that of their children.
Our Main Components
Group and Individual Support
- Daily Check-ins
- Weekly Sharing and Group Support
- Crisis Intervention
- Referral Services
- One-on-one goal setting & accountability
- Computer Training
- Stress & Time Management
- Money Management/Budgeting
- Conflict Resolution
- Community Resources
- Career Research & Networking
- Résumé Development
- Job Shadowing
- Interviewing & Job-seeking Skills
- Personal Goals Development
- Getting Ahead in a Just Gettin’ By World (Resource building)
Hands-on Business Training
Women learn skills from actually running a small social enterprise. They are involved in all aspects of the business including:
- Customer Service
- Quality control
- Inventory management
- Proceeds from sales of our products go directly to paying the training wages for the women.
- Current products include gourmet soup mixes, dessert mixes, dip/dressing mixes, gift baskets and greeting cards.
- Women are paired with trained mentors from the community during their second month in class. That relationship continues until well after graduation, adding much needed support.
- Women in the program and their mentors meet several times per month
- Monthly graduate reunion nights
- Support services for graduates include résumé updates, crisis intervention, referral services, emotional support and plenty of celebrating!
In order for SOS to be successful, we need the community to partner with us. Your assistance is critical to keep costs at a minimum, keep up with the need in the community as well as the demand for our products.